Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just a quick side dish I whipped up as a complement to grape-leaf wrapped salmon I served for dinner. This is extremely easy to make, and is very flavorful.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 -3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (optional)
- feta, crumbled (optional)
- Prepare the couscous (Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil).
- Heat olive oil in a small pan to medium-high.
- Add tomato, scallions, garlic, and olives.
- Saute in the pan for around 3 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Add salt to taste, mix tomato mixture with couscous and serve.
- As an optional enhancement, you can crumble some feta cheese on the couscous right before serving.
Really good... and low calorie--yay! I added a bit more garlic than you did for more flavor, but over all this is a great recipe that I will definitely make again!
My 12 year old son liked it more than my husband! I added sliced bella mushrooms and instead of roma tomatoes I used sun-dried tomatoes.The crumbled feta was the perfect thing to top it off with. Delish!
Easy, great-tasting, and healthy! I used onions instead of scallions, and added a dash of paprika to spice it up a tad. True to its word, this was ready in 15 minutes flat! Thanks for this one; it's a great recipe to have on hand for when you're in a hurry.