1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Cheese Strata
This is really delicious, like a quiche but healthier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g semi dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced (shallot spring onion)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices thick bread, cubed good italian style
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- 2Lightly butter 24cm pie plate.
- 3Place the semi dried tomatoes on a paper towel and pat to dry the oil off them.
- 4Cut them in half.
- 5Whisk milk and eggs and garlic together, add all the other ingredients except the bread and mix well.
- 6Add the bread and stir until moistened.
- 7Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie dish.
- 8Let it stand until the bread absorbs most of the custard, pressing several times to submerge the bred cubes, about 5 mins this takes.
- 9Bake uncovered until light brown and knife inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- 10Cut the strata into wedges.
- 11Serve with a salad of mesclun mix.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Cheese Strata
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.6
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 302.0 mg
- Sodium 1145.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 23.9 g