Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This uses the quick method for infusing the olive or coconut oil. If you want, you can also put the infused oil in the sun for a couple weeks. Or use the crock pot method. I found this somewhere, but like usual, I didn't copy where it was from. So this is someone else's recipe, whose, I don't know. Don't keep the salve in the fridge, or it will harden up and you won't be able to get it out. I used coconut oil because of its healing properties. This salve is great on rashes, cuts, bee/mosquito bites etc. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- 1 cup dried chamomile
- 1 cup dried plantain
- 1 -2 cup coconut oil (enough to cover the herbs) or 1 -2 cup olive oil (enough to cover the herbs)
- 6 tablespoons beeswax (3 T per cup of oil)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E (1/2 tsp oil per cup of oil)
- 15 -20 drops lavender oil (or other favorite EO)
- Place herbs and enough oil (make sure coconut oil is melted first) to cover in a sauce pan or pot (preferably not metal); bring to medium heat and simmer (very low) for 20 minutes.
- While simmering oil, in a separate small pot, simmer the beeswax until melted, bringing it to the same temp as the oil/herb mixture.
- Strain the herbs out, then combine the oil and the beeswax.
- Cool and add vitamin E and essential oil(s).