Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is Eastern Mediterranean in origin. Easy and filling, enjoy!!
Make and share this Med Mix Bulgur and Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- sea salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the bulgur and salt, stir to blend, cover and remove from the heat. Allow bulgur to stand, covered, for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain the liquid from the pan, pressing out all excess water. Place the bulgur in a large mixing bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper to taste.