Prep 6 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Adapted from Jolinda Hackett's "The Everything Vegan Cookbook," this delicious, super-healthy recipe will convince even the most hardcore carnivore that plant-based dishes like this one are delicious, nutritious, and surprisingly affordable. (Be sure and compare the nutritional information of this recipe with any other chili made with ground beef or turkey.) Cook this concoction in a slow cooker for several hours, and you'll end up with a sure-fire crowd favorite.
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- Add all ingredients to a large slower cooker crock pot and mix well.
- Cook on high setting for 2 hours and the low for four to eight on low, stirring a couple of times to make sure flavors blend.