Recipe by Amy-Pink
Big flavor and lots of meat make this the perfect chili for those who want to hide the beans. A slow cooker makes for easy work and the time needed to blend flavors for amazing chili. I serve with shredded cheese and corn chips on top for a big meal.
Top Review by Chef Regina V. Smith
Great Recipe! Big taste, little effort. I did add 1/2 a green pepper and 1/2 a red pepper. I substitued a jar of salsa for the rotel diced tomatoes. I prepared it one day in advance to allow the flavours to develop. I served the chili with garlic bread on the side. DH raved. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked pork sausage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, plus
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (10 ounce) canoriginal rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and pork sausage with the onion and garlic. Drain well.
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir and let simmer on low for 6-8hrs or on high for 3-4hrs.
- Top with fixins - sourcream, cheese, green onion, corn chips, or rice. You choose. Mix it up for a new flavor combo everytime.