Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A family recipe I have doctored up.
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garlic balsamic & olive oil diced tomatoes (Hunt's not Delmonte or Contadina)
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- garlic salt
- italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) boxspaghetti pasta
- Brown hamburger w/onion, drain fat.
- Brown pork, drain fat.
- Transfer both meats into a large saucepan; and add all tomato indgredients, mushrooms, garlic cloves and garlic salt, stir.
- Top with italian seasoning and simmer, covered for 1 hour.
- Taste and simmer for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over pasta.
My family really enjoyed having this for dinner. I usually just use sauce from a jar because I don't have much time to cook. This sauce was so much better though and you really don't do much to it once it simmers. I did add 2T Worcestershire sauce and 2t brown sugar. That gave it the twang we like. I don't think my family will ever let me use jar sauce again.