Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A tasty and meaty lasagna dish that your whole family will love.
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk sausage
- 9 lasagna noodles
- ricotta cheese (can sub with Cottage Cheese)
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 can slice mushroom (optional)
- Fry Ground Beef and Bulk Sausage together until fully cooked.
- Do not drain.
- Stir in tomatoe paste and Italian style tomatoe sauce.
- Add 1 clove garlic, 2 beef boullion cubes, and 3 whole bay leaves.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Skim grease/fat everytime you stir, until all or most is gone.
- While meat is simmering, cook Lasagna noodles according to box.
- Preheat oven to 425 Before you start to use the meat, make sure you fish out the 3 bay leaves.
- Start layering lasagna pan with one layer meat sauce, then a layer of noodles.
- Spread ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese) onto noodles, add a layer of Mozarella cheese, then repeat with meat layer and so on with the last layer ending with Mozarella cheese.
- Bake in oven approx.
- 15-20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.