Recipe by princessmaridel
The idea came out before I join a foodie chef contest. I've been trying to think of a unique dish as my entry for the contest when someone asked me to make some muffin. Since the contest requires the use of the company's products, I thought of using their products as toppings or stuffing for savory taste. This dish won 2nd place out of 50 entries... Its good to eat this muffin anytime of the day... totally a complete meal!
- 1⁄3 lb butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Toppings and Fillings
- 1⁄2 cup ham
- 1⁄2 cup hot dog
- 1⁄2 cup bacon
- 1⁄4 cup carrot
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- (For the muffin batter).
- 1. Sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
- 2. Mix the butter and vanilla in the mixer until fluffy.
- 3. Add one egg at a time, then the sugar.
- 4. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk and ending with the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- (For the Toppings).
- 5. Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside and use the oil to saute the ham and hotdog for about two minutes.
- 6. Add the carrot, celery, and bell pepper. Cook for a minute. Add milk until mixture becomes creamy.
- 7. Remove from heat and add in the bacon, seasoning it with salt and pepper according to your taste. Let it cool.
- 8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the muffin pan with paper cups.
- 9. Fill in about 2/3 of each cup with muffin base then add cooled toppings.
- 10. Bake the muffins for 25-35 minutes.