Prep 15 mins
Cook 53 mins
Served with salad and french bread.
- 226.79 g packageuncooked manicotti
- 226.79 g hot Italian sausage
- 226.79 g ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- 4.92 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, drained
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 177.44 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water. Drain. Place in a single layer on a wire rack; set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Cook sausage, ground chicken, and onion in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Add whipping cream and next three ingredients; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Combine meat mixture, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 manicotti shells; arrange shells in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and pour cream mixture evenly over shells; sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 10 more minutes. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.