Recipe by JanetSmith154
This comes from my mother - who stopped making her traditional meatloaf for this one about a year ago! enjoy!!!!
Top Review by oddjoce
I used this recipe and jazzed it up a bit. I only had one pound of burger so I halved the ingredients. I stuffed the middle with 4 slices of Gouda folded and used 4 strips of brown sugar bacon to wrap it and hold it together. Then I placed it on the grill and basted it with Sweet Baby Ray's Hot & Spicy BBQ sauce. It turned out amazing! I'm not a huge meatloaf fan so I'm always on the look out for new and different ways to make it and this recipe was just what I needed! I had seconds.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine red wine and breadcrumbs to soften
- In another bowl combine all other ingredients, and then add breadcrumbs - combine well.
- Form into a loaf and place on a pan or in a 9x5 loaf pan - sauce follows:.
- Sauce: 1 cup catsup, 2 tbsp worchestershire, 2 tsp chili powder, dash black pepper, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tsp salt - combine well.
- Pour sauce over meatloaf and bak at 325 F for 1 1/4 hours.