Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite Shepherds Pie recipe. Using leftover meatloaf gives it a great flavor. We like it so much I've made meatloaf just to fix this. :) The prep time is with using leftover meatloaf and instant potatoes.
- Place meatloaf slices in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover with gravy; top with corn.
- Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, and onions.
- Spread over corn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
I have been making this recipe for a few years now. It is the best! We love the combo of the sour cream and mashed potatoes, sort of like twice baked potato tasting. The corn is a nice surprise with every bite. Truly a comfort food dinner. We enjoy this as a one dish meal, it already has the veggies incorporated... I make it as posted, but I always use leftover REAL mashed potatoes, so much better. Thank you for such a gem of a recipe!!!
Easy to make. The potato mixture was so good that I'm going to use it the next time I serve mashed potatoes. Great comfort food!
This is my favorite Shepherd's Pie recipe. I make it with sliced meatloaf as recommended. The sour cream/potato mixture really accents this recipe and makes it unique. I will never try another recipe for this pie. This one beats other recipes hands down! Thank you so much for sharing...