Recipe by Nicole Brummett
This is my favorite Shepherds Pie recipe. Using leftover meatloaf gives it a great flavor. We like it so much I've made meatloaf just to fix this. :) The prep time is with using leftover meatloaf and instant potatoes.
Top Review by la cucina chef
I have been making this recipe for a few years now. It is the best! We love the combo of the sour cream and mashed potatoes, sort of like twice baked potato tasting. The corn is a nice surprise with every bite. Truly a comfort food dinner. We enjoy this as a one dish meal, it already has the veggies incorporated... I make it as posted, but I always use leftover REAL mashed potatoes, so much better. Thank you for such a gem of a recipe!!!
- 5 slices cooked meatloaf (fresh or leftover)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (optional)
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meatloaf slices in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover with gravy; top with corn.
- Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, and onions.
- Spread over corn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.