1/1 Photo of Meatloaf, Better Than Mom's
1 hr 10 mins
This is an adapted recipe from one my mother used to make. My favorite part of meatloaf was always the tangy candied topping. I hope you like this version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray a 8 x 4 x 2 1/2 inches glass loaf pan.
- 3Knead together the ground chuck and ground turkey, tomato soup (do not add water), dried minced onion, the oatmeal, the egg, and salt and black pepper.
- 4Mold the meat mixture into a loaf to fit your pan.
- 5Place the meatloaf in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- 6Carefully remove the meatloaf and turn off the oven. Drain any access fat immediately if you wish.
- 7Stir together the ketchup and brown sugar and use it to glaze the top of the meatloaf.
- 8Return the meatloaf to the oven under a 500 degree broiler (or high setting) for 5 to 8 minutes. Watch carefully as it will burn quickly once the topping begins to caramelize.
- 9Remove when browned to your liking, let stand about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf, Better Than Mom's
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.0
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 844.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: