Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are really tasty meatballs! The gravy is super easy and would be great with mashed potatoes. As usual I use venison. I think this would be a good recipe for OAMC-to make the meatballs ahead and freeze until needed.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb venison
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 -3 slices bread
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- Soak bread in the milk. When saturated, add the remaining meatball ingredients and mix well (I use a kitchenaid).
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs and brown in a skillet. Drain and place in a baking dish.
- Whisk the gravy ingredients together and pour over the meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. I have also made this in the crock pot on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
This is a very easy recipe that taste real nice. The meat was very loose and hard to work into a BALL so maybe I will cut down on the milk, but all in all, I will make it again because we really enjoyed it as something different. Nice flavors, thanks for this one. It is a keeper