Recipe by grannyginger450
This recipe took me 25 years to perfect. It is very simple. The secret is using a sharp grated cheese. This mixture can be used with a variety of sauces: BBQ sauce,A-1 sauce,sweet and sour etc.
Top Review by Oolala
Very good! My picky son made his into a toast sandwich and said "Mmm, it's really delicious!" which made my night! I used Parmesan cheese because I had it, added some garlic powder shakes to the mixture and formed the meat into a loaf shape on top of a broiler pan. It needed an hour in my oven. Thank you for posting my son's fave meatloaf!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf mixture (equal parts ground chuck,pork and veal)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup locatelli grated cheese (use any grated cheese,it will still be good)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- For meatballs: In a non-stick fry pan,(heat pan on medium high for 3-4 minutes).
- Coat the bottom with olive oil(a non stick spray will work).
- Form medium sized meatballs,.
- Brown on all sides.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or finish cooking in a pot of spaghetti sauce.
- For meatloaf:.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Fill a loaf pan and bake (covered with aluminum foil) for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices (drain any grease) top with of BBQ.sauce or sauce of your choice.
- Cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- For Fricadellen:.
- Form into 5 hamburger patties. fry in hot non-stick fry pan on both sides add 1 can of beef gravy, simmer for 15-20 minutes, turning patties once.