Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe took me 25 years to perfect. It is very simple. The secret is using a sharp grated cheese. This mixture can be used with a variety of sauces: BBQ sauce,A-1 sauce,sweet and sour etc.
- In mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- For meatballs: In a non-stick fry pan,(heat pan on medium high for 3-4 minutes).
- Coat the bottom with olive oil(a non stick spray will work).
- Form medium sized meatballs,.
- Brown on all sides.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or finish cooking in a pot of spaghetti sauce.
- For meatloaf:.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Fill a loaf pan and bake (covered with aluminum foil) for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices (drain any grease) top with of BBQ.sauce or sauce of your choice.
- Cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- For Fricadellen:.
- Form into 5 hamburger patties. fry in hot non-stick fry pan on both sides add 1 can of beef gravy, simmer for 15-20 minutes, turning patties once.
Very good! My picky son made his into a toast sandwich and said "Mmm, it's really delicious!" which made my night! I used Parmesan cheese because I had it, added some garlic powder shakes to the mixture and formed the meat into a loaf shape on top of a broiler pan. It needed an hour in my oven. Thank you for posting my son's fave meatloaf!
I had a similar recipe to this but omitted the flour and added 1/4 cup chopped parsley and 1/4 cup chopped onion. Instead of pan frying I baked it in the oven at 450 for 10-12 min turning once then simmered it in the pasta sauce. Yummy, Thanks!
Hello Granny Ginger! Thank you, thank you, meatloaf my husband actually ENJOYED!! It is such a straightforward, easy recipe. Just terrific and I look forward to trying the Fricadellen, sounds just too delicious. I am so interested about adding the flour, I have never seen that before in ANY meatloaf recipe, what does it do? Thanks, buttrdish!