1/2 Photos of Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb meatballs, shaped and cooked
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter (can use more or less)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small orange, juice of
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a skillet fry mushrooms in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until well browned (adding in the garlic the last few minutes of cooking) remove from skillet, set aside.
- 2In a bowl dissolve the cornstarch in a little of the half and half.
- 3Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet with the remaining light cream; whisk and cook, until mixture comes to a boil,and has thickened.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients, meatballs and the mushrooms; return to a light boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle to with Parmesan cheese if desired, or pass the cheese at the table.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.6
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 307.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: