1/3 Photos of Meatballs in a Sweet 'n Spicy Asian Sauce With Warm Asian Slaw
Everything Tasty Kitchen's Note:
This is a great way to take a classic meatball and make it a little modern with an Asian sauce instead.....trust me......everyone will love them! I made yet, another batch of my quick and delicious Nana's Meatballs. I love making a recipe that I can use in different ways. I used half of the meatballs to have with a traditional red sauce over pasta and the other half with the Asian Sauce. I had two totally different dishes. I like serving the Spicy Asian Meatballs as an appetizer on top of a bed of this delicious Warm Asian Slaw. The next time you want to make meatballs, surprise your family and friends with a little something different. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb meatloaf, blend (pork, veal, beef)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (soft)
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Asian Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup thai chili pepper sauce (or more if you like hotter)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Warm Asian Slaw
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 21. Spray a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- 32. Mix together all meatball ingredients.
- 43. Using a melon scooper, form meatballs into 1.5" diameter balls, or use your hands, and place in a baking dish.
- 54. Bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- 6Asian Dipping Sauce:.
- 71. Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring just to a boil.
- 82. Turn off heat and continue to stir and remove from heat.
- 93. Toss meatballs in the sauce and than remove them to a serving dish on top of the Warm Asian Slaw. Pour the remaining sauce on top all over the meatballs.
- 104. Sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top if you desire.
- 115. This sauce will keep in your refrigerator for a couple weeks.
- 12Warm Asian Slaw:.
- 131. Saute the broccoli slaw with the butter for about 1 minute.
- 142. Add the Asian sauce and saute for another 2-3 minutes until desired tenderness.
- 15Serve the meatballs tossed in the sauce over the warm slaw.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs in a Sweet 'n Spicy Asian Sauce With Warm Asian Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (1203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 343.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: