Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Those with kids must try this! Very easy, inexpensive treat, ready in no time. Great for family dinners or pot luck.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- 453.59 g frozen Italian vegetables (or mixed veggies, whatever is on hand)
- 453.59 g frozen italian meatballs (I love Momma Rosie's)
- 473.18 ml spaghetti sauce
- 340.19 g mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil 9x13 pan with olive oil (or spray with Pam).
- Cover bottom of pan with bread slices.
- Bake for 10 min, or until browned.
- Top with meatballs and sauce and veggies.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese bake 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 min before serving.
This was a very hearty casserole. I sauteed onions and green peppers in place of the Italian vegetables. I found it difficult to cut through the toasted bread, so next time, I'm going to cube the bread rather than toast it. I think it will make for easier serving.
DH & I enjoyed this a lot, though I made some changes. Primarily, I didn't know whether the recipe called for thawing the frozen veggies or leaving frozen. Instead, I sauteed some rings of bell pepper and onion, and sliced mushrooms, and layered in those instead of the frozen vegetables. I also only used half a loaf of French bread, but I guess that depends on how thick you slice it. Thanks for a quick, filling dinner idea!