Recipe by Vino Girl
I think this is such a great idea... From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (July/August 1999)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen fully cooked meatballs, thawed (about 30 meatballs)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 white pearl onions
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternate meatballs, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes and onions.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with barbecue sauce.
- Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until meatballs are heated through and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently.
- Serve over rice.