This hearty dish was inspired by Chef deb k. I want to thank her so much for her great recipes. This recipe just looks difficult, but it's not. Posted on September 5th, 2005.
- 1 double crust pie crust, I used half of Shake-A-Pie Crust
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce (to taste)
- 16 meatballs, thawed (or half of a 16 ounce package meatballs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups mixed vegetables, I used peas, carrots, and corn
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine soup and sour cream; mix well.
- Add meatballs, covering with soup mixture.
- Add pepper and thyme; mix well.
- Add mixed veggies, stir, mixture will be thick.
- Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Divide pie dough into four equal pieces.
- Roll flat on a lightly floured surface.
- Place in 2 lightly oiled or sprayed 16 ounce round mini casserole dishes.
- To each dish add a piece of dough, overlapping dough over sides.
- Bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add 8 meatballs to each dish.
- Divide veggies over meatballs.
- Cover with remaining dough.
- Crimp with fork to seal and make slit in top for steam to escape.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until crust is desired color.