Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
I make a batch up every week to keep my son's "hollow leg" filled. I like that its cheap, filling and he gets his veggies in! Also great for group get-together - it can be kept warm in a crockpot until serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat saucepan over medium heat while preparing veggies.
- 2Spray with cooking spray and add carrots, celery and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes then add ground hamburger & chopped bell pepper.
- 3Cook over medium high heat until veggies are tender and meat is browned. Drain, if needed.
- 4Return to medium heat and add mamwhich, bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until veggies are completely cooked through and sauce is desired thickness. If you are in a rush, you can simply serve when hot OR you could put into crockpot until serving.
- 5Store in fridge in covered container or freeze. Can be re-heated in microwave and stovetop.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat & Veggie Sloppy Joes OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sloppy joe sandwich sauce