Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
I make a batch up every week to keep my son's "hollow leg" filled. I like that its cheap, filling and he gets his veggies in! Also great for group get-together - it can be kept warm in a crockpot until serving.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup carrot, diced very small
- 2 large celery ribs, diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color will do, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sloppy joe sandwich sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat saucepan over medium heat while preparing veggies.
- Spray with cooking spray and add carrots, celery and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes then add ground hamburger & chopped bell pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat until veggies are tender and meat is browned. Drain, if needed.
- Return to medium heat and add mamwhich, bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until veggies are completely cooked through and sauce is desired thickness. If you are in a rush, you can simply serve when hot OR you could put into crockpot until serving.
- Store in fridge in covered container or freeze. Can be re-heated in microwave and stovetop.