Talk about one dish - comfort food... Here you go! This is a staple in our house! RJ couldn't live with out it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sausage links 15 minutes.
- 2Drain and brown in small amount of oil on all sides.
- 3Cool and slice into rings; set aside.
- 4Cook bacon in large skillet until well done.
- 5Remove and drain on paper towels and crumble; set aside.
- 6Reserve some of bacon fat and add peppers, mushrooms and onions.
- 7Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add the chopped meat and cook another 10 to 15 minutes, while mixing and breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- 9Add crumbled bacon and cooked sausage links; season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic salt and grated cheese.
- 10Cook 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 11While meat mixture is cooking, peel and boil the potatoes until done.
- 12Mash and season with butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- 13Lightly grease a 9" pie plate or quiche dish.
- 14Fill the dish with the meat mixture and then top evenly with the mashed potato mixture.
- 15Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- 16(I like to slide it under the broiler for a couple of minutes just to really give the top a golden brown).
- 17Serve with a rich golden brown gravy and you are in heaven!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat and Potatoes Pie
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 303.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: