Recipe by Chef Otaktay
This has been a long standard of McDonalds. You can enjoy this taste at home.
Top Review by mama smurf
I cut this down for DH and I and otherwise followed the directions. I did add some avocados to ours and used a spicy salsa and they were DELICIOUS! Next time I might forgo rinsing the sausage (ours was turkey and it wasn't very greasy. Thank you for a great breakfast. Made for Bargain Basement Tag game.
- 1 lb rolled pork sausage (mild)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tomato (diced)
- 1 tablespoon green chili (diced those in a can)
- 10 (8 -9 inch) flour tortillas, shells
- 9 eggs (2 cups)
- 10 -12 slices American cheese
- favorite taco sauce or picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble and fry pork sausage, stir and separate meat so it will fry in small little pieces.
- Remove from heat drain and rinse with hot water, drain water from sausage.
- Place drained sausage in fry pan add onion, green chili's and tomatoes, heat on medium temperature just until sausage and vegetables are heated through, stir frequently.
- Measure 2 cups of eggs and beat. In large fry pan scramble eggs as usual. Before eggs are completely cooked add 1/2 cup sausage mixture and stir. When cooked remove from heat.
- Cover and store the sausage that is not used and refrigerate. It will keep for several days for your next breakfast.
- In the middle of one flour tortilla shell place one slice of cheese in the middle. Spoon one - two tablespoons of the egg mixture and roll up the shell.
- Place on platter and cover with plastic and pop in microwave just long enough to heat and melt cheese.
- Serve with your favorite taco or picante sauce. You will find these are milder and relay great for breakfast. I like to place sour cream and little avocado in mine.