Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is my son Max's favorite. He tells me before I better not leave this earth before making sure he has the turkey recipe :)
- 2 tablespoons soul seasoning (or similar multi spice mixture such as sylvia's secret seasoning, emeril's seasoning, etc)
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup turkey broth
- Blend all spices and rub into turkey – you may need to double this formulation depending on the size of your turkey. Place butter into turkey roasting pan and place turkey upside smashing it into the butter. Bake at 350 in this position uncovered for one hour. After one hour turn over turkey add a sprinkling of more spices to the top of the turkey. Add a can of turkey broth and continue to baste while cooking.
hands down the best turkey i ever made!