Recipe by AbbaGav
We did an Italian cooking workshop on our recent trip to Tuscany, and this is the recipe we got from Mauro and Tze'elah's class.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the yeast and sugar into 1/2 a cup of warm water.
- Pour the flour onto the work surface, and make a crater in the flour.
- Sprinkle the salt onto the flour.
- Add the yeast mixture, water and beer into the crater.
- Mix the flour and liquids with a fork, and then slowly start kneading the dough with your hands until it is smooth and soft.
- Let it rise for one hour.
- Knead the dough again. If it is sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Make approximately 7 balls for 7 pizzas (this depends on the size of your pan).
- Let it rise for another 45 minutes.
- While it is rising, pre-heat the oven to 230°C Place the pizza stone inside the oven as well, so that it heats up too.
- After 45 minutes, roll the dough out into a circle. Tip: use baking paper to transfer it easily to the hot pizza stone.
- Add sauce and cheese, and bake for 5-7 minutes.