Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was my mom's famous cheese ball, everyone always gives it compliments and asks for the recipie.
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash onion salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced dried beef
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Combine, cheeses, mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, and salts. Blend until smooth. If too stiff add a bit more mayonaise. Add olives and shape into ball. Combine dried beef and fresh parsley and roll ball in the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. For a difference you can roll in crushed walnuts or pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
- Note - this is best with freshly grated cheese - not the package of pre-shredded stuff, the moisture content is needed.
Made this to take to my parents house for Christmas day! I left out the beef and olives (DH does not like them) served with ritz. This was gone very quickly! Very delicious "grazing" food! Thanks for posting :)
Hi Busymomof3, this was awesome! I made it about 2 weeks ago and I forgot to review it, please forgive me! The photo forum was what jogged my memory. We have been having a lot of celebrations here at the home. I used the sharp cheddar & onion and garlic powder, and instead of dried beef I used shrimp and some hot sauce. WOW!! Used triscuits and Japanese vegetable chips. It is a keeper. Thank you for posting, Manami :)
Yummy dip that I served on Ritz crackers. I scaled the recipe down to about 1/2 cup and ate it all. Thanks for a delicious cheese ball! Made for the PRMR game.