Easier and a lighter version of traditional Schnitzel. Credited to Maureen Clancy in Cooking Light magazine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 22.18 ml fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy plastic wrap and pound to 1/2" thickness.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Combine egg and mustard in another shallow dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, chives and garlic in another shallow dish and mix to blend.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour; then in egg mixture; then in breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly.
- Heat olive oil in heavy ovenproof skillet over MED-HI heat.
- Saute chicken on one side until browned about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; and turn chicken to place unbrowned side down in skillet.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and browned on underside.
- Serve with lemon wedges.