Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family likes to use this marinade for pork chops, pork ribs or basically any meat that you choose to grill on the BBQ. It has a nice flavor and is quick and easy to do. You can marinate over night or just an hour... of course like most things the longer the marinating the stronger the flavor. This can also be halved for smaller family meals (1/2 recipe covers 4 small pork chops nicely.) I hope you enjoy :)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar (you can substitute white sugar if that's all you have)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- fresh gingerroot, peeled and sliced lengthwise (size & length of your thumb)
- 2 green onions, diced (the GREEN part)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Add first two ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir until sugar is dissolved. Then add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour over whatever meat you wish, beef, pork or chicken cover and marinate anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hours.
Very tasty marinade - I used a flank steak cut thin across and marinated it for 10 hours - Great flavor.