Recipe by Oolala
Another from "Chai Lights", TX. It's described as a sweet and unusual kugel. Farfel is like a broken up matzo.
- 3 cups farfel
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak farfel in cold water, then drain. Crush it into a paste-like consistency.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar, Stir in wine, salt, orange rind and oil.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Mix yolk mixture into farfel.
- Now fold mixture into stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.