Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
At my house we call this a Matziah, but most people know it as Matzo Brie.
- beat eggs well and add milk.
- season salt and pepper.
- Wash the matzos under running water, and break into pieces into the egg mixture.
- Melt butter in frying pan, and add to matzo mixture.
- Cook over medium heat.
- When one side is browned, flip the Matzo Brie over with the help of a plate.
- Cook other side for 5- 6 minutes until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This is the recipe that I always use, but add a dash of cinnamon instead of the pepper. We like our matzah brie latke sized, not in one plate-sized piece, and drenched in honey. We've got plenty of matzah left over from Passover, so this is a good idea for an easy supper dish this evening, it's not just a breakfast dish.
This is the traditional FRIED MATZO. It's a dish that's been around since the beginning of time.
Just saw your recipe and wanted to tell you this is the way we sometimes make it and other times I soak the matzo in water and add grated onions - we loved it at our home and now we make it here at the home. I am converting everyone here just to eat a little more Jewish. Thank you for posting this, Diane