Passover Matzo Brie
photo by Chef Howie P.
- Ready In:
- Crumble matzos into small pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Hand whisk eggs well in a bowl.
- Pour boiling water over matzos to moisten, drain water once Matzos is soft and wet.
- Heat 8" frying pan with butter and oil - medium to medium high heat.
- Preheat oven to broil - 450 degrees.
- Pour eggs over matzos to coat all pieces.
- Pour matzos and egg mixture into the frying pan for 2-3 minutes or until firm (do not over cook).
- Place frying pan in the oven on the middle shelf making sure that the handle can take the heat or leave handle out of the oven. DO NOT close the oven door.
- Watch the matzo brie carefully, that it does not burn and rises evenly.
- Once the matzo brie finishes rising and turns golden brown (5-6 minutes), remove from the oven.
- Place a plate on the top of the frying pan an flip over onto the plate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- For a sweeter version, omit the salt and pepper and top with your favorite jam or jelly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!