Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are tasty home fries, with a nice crispy crust. Like the way you get them at your favorite breakfast spot.
- Roughly chop onion into wide pieces - I like inch wide slices, cut into about sixths.
- Chop pepper into similar size pieces, discarding stem and seeds.
- Heat about three tablespoons oil in large frying pan (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, cook until golden and slightly transparent, about three minutes.
- Add peppers, cook until tender, about an additional two or three minutes.
- Peel and cube potatoes; I like them about 3/4" square. Add them and additional tablespoon or two of oil to frying pan.
- Add salt and pepper (preferably freshly ground) to taste.
- Cook, stirring frequently and then patting back down, until tender and cooked through and slightly golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir one more time, and pat down to maximize surface area in contact with frying pan. Increase heat to high, and cook WITHOUT stirring to get a great crust, about an additional 5-8 minutes.
Yummy!a I halved the recipe, and it turned out so nice and crispy! Just the way I love it. Thank you for posting this! (I did use a cast iron pan)