Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
I made thin cookie sandwiches with white chocolate! ?? The colors are lovely! Matcha and white chocolate are perfect together!! Cut into whatever shapes you like.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons green tea powder
- 1 cup white chocolate
- Combine the flour and matcha and sift 3 times.
- Put the butter in a bowl and knead until smooth. Add the granulated sugar little by little, and mix until it becomes white and pomade-like.
- Add the egg yolk, and mix evenly.
- Add the sifted flour ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for around an hour until hardened.
- Sandwich the dough in two sheets of plastic wrap and roll out with a rolling pin thickness and then cut out shapes. If the dough becomes soft, chill it in the fridge. If you don't have a cookie cutter, cut into squares with a knife.
- Line the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 13 minutes at 350'F.
- When the cookies have sufficiently cooled on a rack, sandwich with the chocolate melted over hot water. Chill in the fridge, and when they have hardened, they are done!