Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches
photo by VickyJ
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix (any flavor)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces frosting (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix together the cake mix, oil and eggs. Do this by hand as it is very stiff. You are looking for everything to just come together to form a dough.
- Roll dough into 1" balls. Place about 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Note: if dough is too sticky to roll into balls easily, refrigerate for a short time.
- Bake cookies 8 to 11 minutes at 350. Cookies should still be soft but the tops will have a cracked appearance when done.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets to cool.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Choose 2 cookies that are the same size and shape. Place about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of frosting on the bottom of one cookie. Put the two cookies together bottoms facing each other to form the sandwich.
- Note: I like to use the following combinations, but feel free to experiment. Chocolate cookie with fudge frosting, chocolate cookie with vanilla frosting, white cake with vanilla frosting (add about 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract to the frosting), carrot cake cookies with chream cheese frosting, funfetti cookies with rainbow chip frosting (kids love this one for the colors).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Florida, near Tampa. I attended undergrad at the University of Tampa, and grad school at Auburn University. When I got married I moved to Wyoming. Talk about culture and environment shock!! I love animals, especially dogs. We try to get rescue dogs, particularly huskies. We currently have 2 huskies - one Siberian male and one Alaskan female. Huskies have so much personality! I am a fan of the childrens books about Winnie the Pooh. I especially love TIGGER. Actually I love just about everything Disney. One of the things I miss most from living in Florida was getting to go to Walt Disney World anytime I wanted to. It really is one of the happiest places on earth. I love to cook and am always trying a new recipe. I also like to garden, but find it quite a challenge here in Wyoming with our long winters and dry windy short summers. I like to experiment with herbs and spices. During the summer of 2006 I was diagnosed with PCOS and as such realized that the excess weight I was carrying was quite literally killing me. I found SparkPeople.com and was able to lose over 75 pounds now with not too much more to go. My cooking has changed some since then in that I still cook the same foods I just go about it in a much healthier way. Taste is paramount to me - so if it doesn't taste good then why bother! :) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">