Recipe by KosherCook
This is an Israeli dish of roasted red peppers and tomatoes. It is served cold and is considered a salad although I use that term loosely. It is usually served with Challah which is dipped into the salad.
- 907.18 g tomatoes
- 453.59 g red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3 dried chilies (optional)
- 7.39 ml hot paprika
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bell peppers on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven at 350°F until the skins have browned.
- Submerge tomatoes in boiling hot water for 10 minutes or until the skin falls off.
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out the juice and seeds.
- Cut tomatoes in chunks.
- Peel the skin from the bell peppers and remove the seeds and stem.
- Cut bell peppers in chunks.
- Add all ingredients to a soup pot and pour oil over top.
- Bring contents to a boil, then turn down to a medium heat.
- Cook covered for 2 hours.
- Remove cover and cook uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.