Recipe by MissyCakes
Called Strobel Cookies from http://hereistherecipe.blogspot.com/2008/10/strobel-cookies.html
- 16 ounces all-purpose flour (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 10 ounces dark brown sugar (1 1/4 cups)
- 8 ounces granulated sugar (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chocolate chips (I prefer Ghirardelli)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift (or whisk together) flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars together until blended. Don't go crazy here, just make sure everything is incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a size 20 ice cream scoop (approximately ¼ cup) form dough into balls, *place on cookie sheet and bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown but still soft.
- Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for only 1 or 2 minutes, then gently remove from tray and place directly on counter top until set enough to eat. Don't even bother with a cooling rack.