Recipe by twissis
Try this tasty way to "dressup" ordinary mashed potatoes & add flavour zip to what you see as a plain meal. It was suggested as a side-dish by the National Pork Producers Council & I esp like it w/skillet browned smoked pork chops. Enjoy!
- 1 lb potato, peeled & halved
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces whipping cream (or milk as desired)
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained & minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese (for cheese flavor or added creaminess) (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 1 pound of potatoes (peeled & halved) till cooked through. Drain & allow to dry for 10 minute
- Combine 2 oz olive oil, 2 oz unsalted butter & 2 oz whipping cream in sml sacuepan & warm over med heat.
- Mash potatoes, add warmed liquid to them & mix well w/a wire whisk. Add salt & pepper to taste & cream cheese as desired.
- Add 2 oz oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, mixing just well enough to evenly distribute, & serve immediately.
- NOTE: To "dress" b4 serving, any of these ingredients or a combo all work well as options -- bacon, chives or a dusting of Parmesan cheese w/paprika.