1/1 Photo of Mashed Potatoes W/Olive Oil & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Try this tasty way to "dressup" ordinary mashed potatoes & add flavour zip to what you see as a plain meal. It was suggested as a side-dish by the National Pork Producers Council & I esp like it w/skillet browned smoked pork chops. Enjoy!
My Private Note
5 oz se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 1 pound of potatoes (peeled & halved) till cooked through. Drain & allow to dry for 10 minute
- 2Combine 2 oz olive oil, 2 oz unsalted butter & 2 oz whipping cream in sml sacuepan & warm over med heat.
- 3Mash potatoes, add warmed liquid to them & mix well w/a wire whisk. Add salt & pepper to taste & cream cheese as desired.
- 4Add 2 oz oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, mixing just well enough to evenly distribute, & serve immediately.
- 5NOTE: To "dress" b4 serving, any of these ingredients or a combo all work well as options -- bacon, chives or a dusting of Parmesan cheese w/paprika.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes W/Olive Oil & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.4
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 51.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g