Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
White truffle oil is all the rage and really does make food taste good. If you can't find a source for it, don't worry this potato gratin is delicious by itself. I served it with roast chicken and little green beans.
- Scrub potatoes and cut in quarters.
- Put in a 5 to 6 quart pan with 3 quarts water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork 30 to 40 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander, peel and put through a potato ricer into the pot.
- Add half-and-half, half the cheese and half the white truffle oil.
- Mash with a potato masher or beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a shallow 3 quart casserole and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil potatoes casserole 4 to 6 inches from heat until cheese is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining truffle oil over potatoes and serve.