White truffle oil is all the rage and really does make food taste good. If you can't find a source for it, don't worry this potato gratin is delicious by itself. I served it with roast chicken and little green beans.
My Private Note
to 8 se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub potatoes and cut in quarters.
- 2Put in a 5 to 6 quart pan with 3 quarts water.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4Drain potatoes in a colander, peel and put through a potato ricer into the pot.
- 5Add half-and-half, half the cheese and half the white truffle oil.
- 6Mash with a potato masher or beat with a mixer until smooth.
- 7Add salt, and pepper to taste.
- 8Spoon into a shallow 3 quart casserole and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9Broil potatoes casserole 4 to 6 inches from heat until cheese is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 10Drizzle remaining truffle oil over potatoes and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potato Fonduta
Serving Size: 1 (2622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.8 g