Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Mashed potatoes turn pie crust into an amazing tart that everyone loves
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375?. Prepare tart pans by lightly spraying with cooking spray. You can use four 1/4x14" tart pans or two 8" or 9" tart pans.
- 2To start, in a sauté pan, cook bacon until crispy. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble. Set aside.
- 3Roll out your pie crust and place in your tart pans. Prick the dough with a fork and place tart pans in the oven to par-bake the dough. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Start assembling your tarts: begin with the mashed potato layer. Spread 1 cup of mashed potato onto each pie crust. Next, spoon on and smooth out your sour cream over the mashed potato layer - dividing the sour cream between both tart pans. Sprinkle on bacon. Finally, add your shredded the cheese.
- 5Place tart pans back into the oven for 15 minutes. When ready, remove tarts from the oven and sprinkle with some extra bacon on top for garnish. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potato Bacon Tart #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.9
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 726.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes