Recipe by edeneats
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Mashed potatoes turn pie crust into an amazing tart that everyone loves
- 2 pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, warmed up
- 8 slices bacon, strips
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375?. Prepare tart pans by lightly spraying with cooking spray. You can use four 1/4x14" tart pans or two 8" or 9" tart pans.
- To start, in a sauté pan, cook bacon until crispy. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble. Set aside.
- Roll out your pie crust and place in your tart pans. Prick the dough with a fork and place tart pans in the oven to par-bake the dough. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Start assembling your tarts: begin with the mashed potato layer. Spread 1 cup of mashed potato onto each pie crust. Next, spoon on and smooth out your sour cream over the mashed potato layer - dividing the sour cream between both tart pans. Sprinkle on bacon. Finally, add your shredded the cheese.
- Place tart pans back into the oven for 15 minutes. When ready, remove tarts from the oven and sprinkle with some extra bacon on top for garnish. Enjoy!