Recipe by Starshine Michelle
If you decide to make regular sized cupcakes, increase bake time by 5 minutes.
Top Review by Cookin' Kiki
These are great cupcakes, and I can't wait to make them again! They are so simple! I used yellow cake mix since that was all I had, and I had some fresh strawberries. The fresh strawberries may have thrown off the ratio with the powdered sugar, because it was still too thin for the cupcakes. I tried adding corn starch, but it still did not thicken. Either way - they were delish! (And I plan to use my extra glaze on some crepes. Mmmm!)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temp
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Line 4 mini muffin tins (48 mini muffin molds) with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone, egg whites, & vegetable oil.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the ingredients until combined and creamy.
- Add the cake mix and 1 cup water and mix until smooth.
- Fill the muffin liners to just below the rim and bake until puffed and golden, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly in the tins, then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Place the confectioners sugar in a medium bowl.
- Pour in the strawberry puree and whisk until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cooled cupcakes into the strawberry glaze.
- Let the cupcakes sit for a few minutes for the glaze to firm up.
- Serve and enjoy the compliments.