Recipe by wwWinter
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. this is my personal vegetarian variation of the Shepherd's pie I used to cook at the London Connection when I worked there , a little sweet lady from England taught me to cook british foods. my version of the shepherd's pie can be varied by adding a veggie layer if you wish like sliced carrots =) this version they will ask for more and like it better than the original meaty unhealthy version
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, to saute in
- 1 (12 ounce) package veggie crumbles (like morningstar farms])
- 1 (24 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- use a sprayed casserole dish , I have a favorite dutch oven type that works great[remove lid near end to brown top] but also sometimes use big flat casserole dish.
- lowest layer is garlic + onion chopped + sauteed, then I add a bag of veg crumbles[like morningstar farms ].
- cook until warm then spead out as bottom layer.
- top layer spread out simply potatoes mashed potatoes.
- I put in casserole dish by layers=) [after assembling optional to add cheese].
- bake about hr 325.
- leftovers are fantastic, if there are any!