Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Line jelly roll pan with graham crackers.
- Combine margarine and sugar in saucepan.
- Heat to boiling and boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over crackers.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over this.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and turn off.
- Let cool 2 minutes and sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Return to oven long enough to melt chips.
- Swirl chocolate over top.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into squares.
- **These bars taste just like English Toffee bars.
- The key is to make sure that all the edges of the crackers are touching when you pour the margarine mixture over it. You may need to adjust a little bit. This way, when you bake the bottom layer, it forms a crispy crust. Paula Ruehrwein Omaha Ne