Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Add corn, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and cornstarch.
- Mix together, then stir in evaporated milk.
- Put in greased baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
Miller, this was tasty, but it had a tendancy to curdle. I went back and checked the recipe because I followed the directions, exactly, but, it curdled and didn't cook properly. Maybe it's my oven. I'd like to make it again, but I think I'll use the smaller can of evoporated milk and cook it for not less than an hour. Anyhow, I probably messed up somehow, cause the taste was good.
This will be the second time I've made this and the taste reminds me of my grandmother's Baked Corn...Everyone Loved it at Thanksgiving and I'm making it w/my Christmas dinner tonite, Thank you for helping bring back good memories of our Family get togethers..