Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great breakfast treat or snack
Make and share this Marvelous Oat Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 thin-skinned orange, unpeeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and the next 8 ingredients (flours through salt) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in carrot, apple and raisins.
- Combine milk, oil, vanilla, egg whites and orange in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; add milk mixture; stir just until moist.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons batter into each of 28 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Make in batches at 375 for 20 minutes or until muffins are browned and spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove the muffins from pans immediately and place on wire rack.