Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful side dish that goes well with grilled beef or chicken.
- 1⁄2 lb button mushrooms, halved or 1⁄2 lb portabella mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until brown.
- Combine water, vinegar and mustard and add to skillet.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
This was easy to make and tasted good. The mushrooms had a nice color also. The recipe doesn't indicate what to do with the balsamic vinegar so I just added it with the water. Next time I will add a little less of the balsamic vinegar and more of the mustard as that suits our preferences better.
Did the recipe as instructed and it turned out very tasty . It is so easy to prepare and our guests enjoyed it very much. We served it with a marinated bbq. pork tender- loin.A real feast. Thanks neigh- bour.
Lemon juice is the key to this piquant and deeply colored side dish. The lemon sweetens the balsamic vinegar while adding it's own zing. I doubled the recipe using giant sized white mushrooms my husband had purchased (I would have preferred Portabellos). I followed the insructions as directed and served the mushrooms with BBQ grilled sausages, a combination of Italian, Bratwurst and Sicilian. A bit of chopped parsley would accent the dramatic color of the mushrooms.