- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 rib eye steaks (5 oz each) or 2 sirloin steaks (5 oz each)
- 6 pimento stuffed olives
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients except meat and olives.
- Score steaks with shallow crisscross cuts on one side; add to marinade.
- Marinate at room temperature for two hours; turn several times.
- Remove steaks, save marinade.
- Broil or place on hot grill about three inches from heat.
- Cook four minutes per side for rare; six minutes for medium; baste meat several times with marinade.
- Garnish with olives on a toothpick.