Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have taken over making this for the holidays since my friend passed away. It brings back many happy memories for me. This is melt-in-your-mouth goodness.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Combine the flours and mix into butter mixture until crumbly.
- Pat into 10 x 18" cookie sheet. Sprinkle top with additional sugar.
- Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes until light golden in color.
- Cut into squares while still warm.
This is NOT for fat nor calorie counters --it is GOOD! With only 4 ingredients and good instructions, it went together easily. I think it could have baked another 2 minutes, but the edges were browning and I was worried about making all of it too dry. I also cut larger squares - got 35 instead of 48, so DH and I are sharing. Now, there will be someone else to think of you and your friend at holiday time. Made for PAC Spring, 2007. Thanks for sharing. Janey