Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in an online search in response to a request for making foot soak gift bags to give to teachers... and posted b/c I want to find this easily in the future. Recipe from: http://www.naturesgift.com/hints-gifts.htm
- 1 1⁄4 cups epsom salts
- 1 1⁄4 cups kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon lemon essential oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon spearmint essential oil
- Combine Epsom salts and kosher salt in a jar.
- Add baking soda and cornstarch, up to 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon essential oil, and up to 1/4 teaspoon of Spearmint essential oil.
- Attach the lid, and shake the jar to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a bag, and use within a few weeks.
- Use 2 to 3 Tablespoons per soak.
- NOTE: I tried this myself and used cucumber-melon essential oils. Heavenly!
I have used this foot soak before, but scalled back somewhat. I would use lavender or tea tree oils instead because anything in the peppermint family, I absorb to quickly and it tends to burn my feet
My feet were so sore and dusty tonight. This soak was just what they needed. I scaled it back to about 1/5 to make a small batch, since I was not giving as gifts. Also, I used tea tree oil and lavender. As much as the scent I made was nice, I really do think that the lemon and spearmint would be outstanding!