Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is always on our holiday table, or requested when we're invited out. Servings are hard to determine because there is so much to eat during our holiday dinners.
- Drain yams and pineapple (save the pineapple juice).
- In a pot, add pineapple juice, sugar, and '10' marshmallows.
- Put yams in a 9x13-inch casserole dish and pour mixture over top.
- Top with pineapple chunks.
- Put into a 300°F oven for 40 minutes.
- Top with remaining marshmallows (or amount you prefer).
- Put casserole back into oven for 10 minutes to soften and slightly melt marshmallows.
- Watch closely because marshmallows puff up quickly and may burn.
Great recipe! I made it as written and really enjoyed the pineapple in this. I'll definitely add this recipe to my holiday cookbook. Thanks for sharing.
I made these yams last year. To tell the truth, I agonized over this recipe. I wasn't sure if I should have bought pineapple chunks in heavy syrup or no sugar added packed its own pineapple juice. I chose the latter. And when it was time to add "10" marshmallows. I wasn't sure of the purpose for that, nor whether I was to cook them in a pot or just mix together and pour over yams. I cooked them til marshmallows melted. (I will omit this step next time, since it is not in the directions.) In the end, it was rather juicy, but we loved them anyway. I have many requests for them this Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing.